Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Believe in Magic

Believe in Magic








Template 74 by Kandi Kissez here

The tube I have used is a PTU by Anna Marine you can buy her tubes at CDO store here

Scrap Kit is FTU called Autumn Splendor by Cinnamon Scraps and you can find it here

Font is 2Peas Mister Giggles 

The tutorial is written with the assumption that you have knowledge in using Gimp

This is my first tutorial so any feedback will be much appreciated. 
The tutorial is just a guide for you to use. I have my own way of doing things and they work for me but 
if you have an easier method then do it your way! I am an ole dog that isn't fond of change. Someone 
once told me if it works, don't fix it. Now on to my first try at tutorial writing. 


Open Template and delete credits,  pink , blue and black star

alpha to selection on mask layer and copy paper 16 and paste into , anchor and select none

click on box backs, add bevel thickness 2 

click on black boxes and alpha to selection , add layer , copy paper 2 and paste into ,
make sure you are on the new layer when you paste into. Anchor, select none then 
delete the black boxes.

Add new layer,resize crisscrossflower3  to  width 261, height 250 pixels, copy and paste ,
 see my tag for placement
Add new layer , resize crisscrossflower2 same as the other and copy and paste. 

left frame back, alpha to selection , add new layer, fill with #000000 , new layer and copy
 close up tube and  paste into ( not paste but paste into ) position to your liking and anchor , 
overlay,select none, then delete the frame back.

Add bevel, 2 thickness to left frame 

repeat steps for left frame back with the right frame back 

Alpha selection black star clusters , add new layer , copy paper1 and paste into, anchor, select none
delete black star clusters.

Add new layer , copy and paste your tube , position to your liking, add soft light

merge the word art together 

I use the default ds on my tube then use ds 3/4/8/38 for all the other elements. You can use the ds you like.

Merge visible layers, autocrop layer, resize ( my tags are usually 550 x 550 ) 

add copyright for your tube , delete white bg, autocrop image, resize if needed , 
I usually enhance by 20 

for my name I used 2Peas Mister Giggles font size 54 with black (#000000), duplicate and grow bottom layer x2 
fill with white (#ffffff) add a gaussin blur x4 to white layer , merge both name layers together and add bevel of 2 
drop shadow of choice and position


then save as 
( this is important ....make sure you save as.... not save . If you save then you can't use the template again.)

for my name I used 2Peas Mister Giggles font size 54 with black (#000000), duplicate and grow bottom layer x2 
fill with white (#ffffff) add a gaussin blur x4 to white layer , merge both name layers together and add bevel of 2 
drop shadow of choice and position




Hope you enjoyed my very first tutorial








No comments:

Post a Comment