Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Let It Snow







This tutorial was written by me. 
Any similarity is purely coincidental. 
It was done using Gimp and
 was written for those who
 have experience using Gimp or other programs

Supplies:

font of choice
I used for my name was Wretched

Word art by cupcake sprinkles Here
its old but I checked the link and it works


Template 3 by Caroline for Creative Misfits here

Tube of choice
I am using a tube by Anna Marine . You need a license to use it . You can find her art at CDO and get a license.

Ok lets begin

open the template 
delete the credits layer and wordart  and wordart back layers

Rectangle Back layer add bevel thickness 2 

Alpha to selection on Rectangle layer, fill with color from your tube . I used #79b891
select none

Alpha to selection Pixel words and fill with white
select none
add bevel thickness 2

Large Circle back  layer ,add bevel thickness 2

Alpha to selection Large circle 
Add new layer 
make sure you are on the new layer and copy your tube close up and Paste Into, position and resize if needed , anchor 
Select none. 
blend tool ( make sure your colors are set to black fg and white bg ) overlay tube

Dup tube layer and on the lower tube layer gaussian blur 12
on top tube layer lower opacity to 65 or to your liking

Circle medium back layer, add bevel thickness 2

Circle medium layer , Alpha to selection, fill with color #cde4e7

falling snow left layer, Alpha to Selection and fill with white, select none , add bevel thickness 2 

Snow left layer , Alpha to selection and fill with white

Ornament left layer, add bevel thickness 2

Circle small back , add bevel thickness 2

Circle small , Alpha to selection and fill with ,color #e4d37a

falling snow right layer, Alpha to Selection and fill with white, select none , add bevel thickness 2 

Snow right layer , Alpha to selection and fill with white

Ornament right layer, add bevel thickness 2

click on ornament left and add a new layer, you will now have a new layer above ornament left


open your christmas wordart from cupcake sprinkles and resize to width 350 pixels, add bevel thickness 2 , paste on the new layer
position as you like it. I lined up the bottom of the snowman with the snow on the ornament. 

Add Ds of your choice to elements 
merge visible , scale if needed , I scale to 550 pixels width
add copyright and license number

Add a snow animation if you like , I can't remember who I got my ready made animation from so I can't share.
 It was from somebody at a group I belong to. 






No comments:

Post a Comment