Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Tis The Season





This tutorial was written by me. 
Any similarity is purely coincidental. 
It was done using Gimp and
 was written for those who
 have experience using Gimp. 


Template: Smf Winter Template 1  from Creative Misfits Creations ~ Sandra~  here
these are old templates from NOVEMBER 29, 2009 , but the link is still working as of today 11/28/2012

FTU Scrapkit by: kittzkreationz ~ "Happy Holly Days" here

Tube of choice: I used  PinUp Toons and you must have a license to use . 
You can find PinUp Toons at CDO Store  here



Lets begin:

Open template, delete top 6 (six) layers

Alpha to selection Green Circle, fill with black or your color of choice.

Alpha to selection word art , open paper 2 , copy and Paste INTO , anchor, 
select none, add bevel  -width2

Alpha to selection Green Background and fill with black or your color of choice.

Alpha to selection frame, fill with color #901615, select none, bevel -width 2

Add New Layer
open element 40 (poinsetta) resize to 150 width pixels and paste on lower right corner of frame

Add New Layer
open element 21 , resize to 368 width and paste at lower left corner , see my tag above. 

Add New Layer
Open your tube of choice, resize as needed and position as you like

Add New Layer
Open element 3 , resize to 284 width , position as you like. 
I positioned it so my tubes hand was above the cats head,(it is placed below the tube layer) then duplicated and 
moved one above my tube, on the top layer I erased so the hand of my tube is showing.

Add New Layer
Open element 18 , resize to 100 pixels width and rotate slightly, place on the Y of the word art,
 move layer below the word art layer

Add drop shadow of choice to elements
hide white background and merge visible
autocrop layer and resize to 550 pixels width
unhide white bg layer 
add copyrights and license if needed
Add word art of choice to inside frame 
Delete white bg. 
Autocrop Image 
resize if needed 
Save as a png

I would love to see anything you make with my tutorials. You can email me at : cindylovesdaisys@hotmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment